I have had many requests to create a kit and offer an online class from the motif that started my obsession with chicken scratch embroidery (which I often refer to as Snowflake Embroidery), and its finally here!
Based on an embroidered chicken scratch star on an antique quilt block of gingham fabric in my collection, I’ve created a modern, updated version of the vintage star. And I have created complete kits with everything you need in two graphic, beautiful colorways.
The kit you receive in the mail has everything you need to complete the panel, and the online class will walk you through how to do each part of the process that makes up chicken scratch embroidery. It is such a beautiful technique, and many have described it as having the look of lace laid over the fabric and stitched down.
Use the finished panel as part of a larger project, turn it into a pillow, or mini-quilt. You decide!
The kit you will receive in the mail includes:
- Complete pattern and instructions (no PDF patterns to download!)
- Full color stitching template
- A 21 1/2″ square yarn dyed gingham fabric panel, 1/4″ gingham, 100% cotton, in color Gray #12
- All the thread you will need to complete the star in your chosen color way (12 skeins)
- Japanese thread snips (my favorites!)
- fabric marking Frixion pen OR chalk pencil
- 1 needle
- 8″ embroidery hoop
In addition, you will receive an email with information on how to access the online class. This class will be yours to own forever and access at any time. Review the stitches whenever you need a refresher!