Granny Square Sampler Update
Have you gathered your yarn yet?
Ok, here’s an update on the granny square project.
* I’m finalizing what will be our own version of the granny square sampler afghan this week. I am trying some new squares, to figure out sizing. Its granny square central here, as you can see.
* I will post the next granny square section, instructions, how to’s, etc every Fridays, starting this Friday. Hope that works for everyone.
* Hook size for worsted weight wool is usually a 4, 4.5, or 5. I use a 4 because I prefer my crochet projects tighter and denser overall, but this is a personal preference.
* I will start with the simplest, most straightforward square, and progress towards the more challenging squares. For those who are already skilled with granny squares may find the few weeks easy, but consider it the quick project you can use during the week to relax into or carry with you for spare time.
*For anyone who is new to crocheting a granny square (or crocheting at all), I don’t know that I can give you all the answers, but I will try my best each week to illustrate the particular square for that week (either through photos or video) as clearly as I can. I will also give links to any good youtube videos I find- those helped me tremendously when I was learning.
* My advice to all you new crocheters that want to try this is repetition is key to granny squares, and if you follow along with this project, there will be repetition. The practice of doing these over and over again helps hands to memorize the motion. Take me. After being a technical, die-hard knitted for many years, crochet literally felt like a foreign language I didn’t think I could learn. But practicing did it. I was determined to learn, so I tried over and over. Remember, I’ve only been crocheting for about 3 years, I did not learn this 20 years ago. You can do it.
* If you follow along with each week’s squares, working at a pace that works for you, I promise you there will be a lovely, unique afghan to keep you cozy once the chill of Fall sets in.