My newest quilt pattern creates a modern scrappy take on the timeless “Thousand Pyramids” quilt pattern. Triangles are such simple shapes that have a beautifully modern feel. But you guys, triangles can be tricky! I learned that when I made the original version of this for Wise Craft Quilts. If they aren’t lined up perfectly, you can end up with a row of triangles that is bowed instead of straight. Since then, I’ve played around with how to improve the cutting and simplifying all the construction techniques that can make sewing triangles together a bit tricky. This complete PDF pattern and online class will walk you through how to make a wonderfully scrappy, color value-based version of this quilt using the lighter, lower-volume fabrics from your stash. You will love the way the secondary, larger triangle shapes start to appear when you play around with color value!
This is a great pattern to use up fabrics of all kinds from your fabrics stash. Will also work with pre-cut charm pack (5″) squares.
Choose from two options:
Choose the PDF pattern and online class option to get-
- Full PDF Luminous Pyramids pattern available immediately after successful payment
- Access to my complete Luminous Pyramids online class (please allow 24 hours for us to add you to the class and email you login instructions).
- Inside the class, I walk you through the exact process I go through when choosing fabrics from my stash to make a color-value based scrappy quilt. We’ll find inspiration, choose fabrics, discuss which fabrics will work and which won’t, and why.
- Ability to comment and ask me questions inside the class.
Or just the PDF pattern option-
- Full pattern file link is available to you immediately after successful payment.
Share your own version and get inspiration from others at #wisecraftluminouspyramids on Instagram.